Find out more about documents that Zudello does not support.
The Zudello Platform is incredibly powerful and helps automate inventory and finance systems for small and mid-sized businesses.
The Platform supports multiple document types (PDF [excluding PDFs containing ghost script], Word, Excel, Images (PNG, JPEG, TIFF) and CSV files can be uploaded in several ways. All documents need to be of high quality (ie not pixelated and easily readable by the human eye) and in English.
The Platform does not support the following document types:
- Handwritten documents
- Scanned documents that are not a true representation of the original (ie at an angle, poor quality / resolution, data cut off, etc.)
- Where the document has been damaged with smudges, stamps or writing across the document
- Any document that does not include the company’s tax number
- Any extraction of text from a logo if it is a text based PDF
- Extraction from password protected files
- PDFs containing ghost script and corrupted PDFs
- Documents with more than 50 pages
- Documents with text touching borders
- Documents with lines with alternate background colours
- Documents categories that are not supported including:
- Receipts, remittances and credit notes
- While Photos are supported they must follow the following guidelines
- Take the photo as straight as possible.
- Use the focus on your camera to ensure the information isn't blurry.
- Take a photo of the entire receipt/document.
- Avoid writing over the data on the document. Any extraction of text from a logo if it is a text-based PDF
The formatting of the document will also prevent documents from being appropriately blueprinted. First and foremost, the formatting of the document must be unambiguous to a human. Additionally, crowded or misplaced information such as indented lines (sub-lines) within tables or duplicate information cannot be processed by the Platform and will require AI Assistance. See our documentation of the best practices for invoice formatting for more information.
The Platform also needs invoices processed individually. If you have multiple invoices in one document these will need to be split into individual files. Please see this help article for information on how to easily do this.
When processing documents the system utilises machine learning. This aims to continually improve the scanning and analysing of documents by learning from the documents it scans. It learns in a human way so if a human is not able to understand the field or interpret the data, then the machine won’t be able to either.
A simple example of this is in the hospitality sector where a carton could mean a carton of beer with 30, 24 or 20 cans or bottles. A case could mean anything depending on the supplier and product type and size. In cases like this the document will be passed back to the user to complete the interpretation process, unless the user has unit conversion setup which allows a simple multiplier to be used on the quantity.
We recommend that all uploaded invoices include at a minimum the following information:
- Invoice number
- Date Issued
- Company name
- Tax number
- Tax total
- Line items:
- At least one stock code or description
- Line total
Certain document types will be extracted in specific ways and may not require all the information listed above. For example, all utility bills are extracted without line items.
The Platform has been optimised to process Purchase Orders, Invoices, Statements, Credits and Delivery Dockets. While every effort has been made to support all variations, some documents will be outside of the remit of the platform due to layout, formatting, different document type or other reasons.
The Platform also supports users accessing it from the following browsers on a desktop OS, no more than 12 months old:
We support selected on-premise server-based services (that we integrate with as a supported platform and version) using products and the associated operating systems in line with the vendor’s support policy. Support for Microsoft Windows “Mainstream End Date” can be found at: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/products/ No support is offered after a vendor’s Mainstream End Date.
It is reasonably expected that the maximum number of suppliers will be 7.5% of the documents uploaded. If the number of suppliers is higher, then additional establishment fees will be chargeable.
If a Zudello integration is server-based it is a requirement that the environment is available 24x7.
Please contact us for any further information email@example.com.
This document is subject to change as other exceptions are identified.